Snowstorms can have serious consequences. Strong winds, extreme cold, and heavy snowfall can be life-threatening both separately and together. Make sure that your family members are aware of the dangers and can prevent them.
Before the snowstorm
- Store drinking water, batteries, and firewood.
- Be prepared for possible power outages. Charge the mobile phone and fill the car with fuel.
During the snowstorm
- If you can, stay inside.
- When dressing for going out, keep in mind that the wind makes the weather even colder. In windy weather, put on more clothes.
- If you can, do not drive, especially on side roads. In case of an unavoidable ride, take a charged mobile phone, a snow shovel, warm clothes, and a warm drink.
- For information on obstacles on the road caused by the snowstorm, call 1510 for road information.
- To report power cuts, call 1343 at the Eesti Energia information line. To report fallen lines, also call the alarm center at 112.
- In case of injury or direct danger, call 112 at the emergency number.