Coordinating a public event
In organizing a public event, the location plan, which indicates the escape routes and the access routes for rescue vehicles, must be coordinated with the Estonian Rescue Board.
A public event is an entertainment event, performance, competition, trade event or another similar gathering of people that is not a meeting, and that takes place in a public place and targeted to the public.
A location plan must be prepared for organizing an event in building not designated for that purpose. The same requirement applies to the installation of a temporary building and attractions. The plan includes the escape route and the access routes for rescue vehicles. The plan must be submitted to the rescue center at the location.
The organizers follow the fire safety requirements of the public fire safety event provided for in the Fire Safety Act and the fact that
- the tent-assembly building material class must meet at least class D-s2, d2;
- adequate emergency lighting is ensured in tents over 60m²;
- a location plan, indicating the escape routes, access routes for the rescue vehicles, buildings, attractions and extinguishing means, shall be drawn up;
- the possibility of quick evacuation is ensured from all buildings, tents, and attractions. At least two exits must be guaranteed from the territory;
- tents and other temporary buildings are provided with basic fire extinguishing equipment in accordance with the requirements for the assembly building. There must be at least one fire extinguisher with a fire extinguishing agent mass of 6 kg per 200 m2. There must be at least two fire extinguishers on each floor, regardless of their area. A fire extinguisher with a fire extinguishing agent mass of at least 6 kg must be fitted in a kiosk or other similar sales or service facility;
- each attraction is equipped with a fire extinguisher with an extinguishing agent mass of at least 6 kg;
- when making a fire outside of a heating chamber and when barbecuing, the requirements established in § 15 of the Fire Safety Act are to be adhered to;
- free access to buildings and attractions for firefighting equipment is ensured. Generally, it will be built as a detour of at least 3.5 m wide. The gate of the area bordered by a fence must be at least 4 m wide and 4.5 m high;
- temporary electrical cables installed on the ground are protected against mechanical damage;
- when storing flammable materials, the requirements established in § 19 of the Fire Safety Act must be followed;
- before starting work, the employee will be familiarized with the fire safety requirements. Based on the nature of the work, fire safety training is organized. The employees have ensured the availability of fire safety equipment and life-saving equipment and are taught to use it. Employees are informed of the potential fire hazard and fire prevention measures;
- there must be no combustible residue or combustible material in the engine room of the attraction/equipment;
- all attractions/equipment must comply with the manufacturer's technical documentation and be properly maintained.
For coordination, contact the rescue center of the location of the public event. Contact or other information can also be obtained from the Information Line of Rescue Service 1524.